Monday, October 25, 2010

Woods hole marine biological lab

Woods Hole, Massachusetts

They were established in 1975. Director Hugh Ducklow heads the direction of the research.  They are concerned with ecosystems and how they function.  The annual operating budget of The Ecosystems Center for 2009 was $9,894,000. Approximately 77% of the income of the center comes from grants for basic research from government agencies, including the National Science Foundation, NASA, the Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency. The other 23%comes from gifts and grants from private foundations, including support for the Semester in Environmental Science, as well as from institutional support for administration and income from the center’s reserve and endowment funds.

here is there mission statement

No comments:

Post a Comment